If you have a home, you also have a junk drawer. This is where you throw all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s typically a mess, and it’s commonly tricky to find what you’re looking for. However, did you anticipate that your junk drawer could be an essential part of your life? By keeping the proper items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This seems like an easy task, but you’d be surprised how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can prove beneficial when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dimly lit room.
- Batteries. Batteries are needed for many things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Always have some extra batteries available, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Select one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another handy tool that can be used for numerous tasks, from gripping something too tiny to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always imperative to keep some close by. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always essential.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Buy small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer organized.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is vital for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will certainly be useful.
- Scissors. Scissors are always helpful, either cutting paper or opening a package. Select a small pair of scissors that you can easily place in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for multiple things, from keeping cords orderly to bundling up newspapers. They’re also helpful for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t forget the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While most junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can help keep your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is already a disaster, here are a few tips for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few simple steps.
Now that you understand what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! Yet, if you feel that your current Springdale home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, call Real Property Management First Choice. We provide excellent rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your preferred lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.